I have really been enjoying creating my crochet pillow series! I started with a daisy pillow, then made a sunflower and a forget-me-not pillow. I thought it was time to branch out from the flower genre and bring you a pumpkin pillow for fall. This pattern is not completely no-sew like the others but it is very low-sew with just the stem needing to be sewn on. I love that this pumpkin pillow is functional and the perfect decor piece for your space this autumn. I placed mine on a chair in my little reading nook and it just looks so cozy and inviting.
I hope you love creating this pillow as much as I did. Whether you’re making a handmade gift for a loved one or a unique addition to your own home decor, the Easy Pumpkin Pillow is sure to be a fun project. If you prefer video tutorials, or need more help with this pattern, there is a full tutorial for this pillow at the bottom of this page!
For this pattern, I used Size 7 Jumbo yarn from Premier Yarns, PARFAIT XL in Tangerine, Sage & Light Brown. I also have a 15% off coupon code for this yarn if you use my link and enter 15%WONDER at checkout! Click here to get yarn for this project. I used 1.5 skeins of orange and just a little of the other colors. Just a heads up, not all size 7 yarn is created equal, some are smaller or much larger. If you enjoy this pattern, please give me a follow on social media and let me know what other free patterns you would love to see! Also, don’t forget to tag me in your creations on instagram. Happy crocheting 🙂
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy that I may make a commission, at no cost to you. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Tips for Success
- Keep your tension even. If your tension is too tight, your pumpkin will be stiff and difficult to shape. If your tension is too loose, your pumpkin will be floppy and lack structure.
- Experiment with different colors and yarns. There are many beautiful color options to choose from!
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Crochet is a learning process, and mistakes are a natural part of the process. If you make a mistake, simply unravel your work and start again.
MATERIALS & TOOLS
- Yarn: PARFAIT XL (Size 7, Jumbo) in Tangerine, Sage & Light Brown – You will need about 130 yards of orange
- Crochet hook (Size 9mm)
- Poly-fil – fiberfill stuffing
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- INC – single crochet increase (2 SC in each stitch)
- DEC – decrease (I use the invisible decrease in all of my creations for a cleaner look)
- FO – fasten off
- Magic ring (MR) – Make a loop, leaving a long tail to work with. Insert the hook in the center of the loop, yarn over, and draw up a loop. Yarn over, and pull through to make the first chain (this does not count as a stitch). Continue to crochet over the loop and tail with the number of stitches called for. There are many excellent YouTube videos on how to make a magic circle if you are a visual learner! Always move your stitch marker to the last stitch in the round.
THIS PATTERN IS WORKED IN CONTINUOUS ROUNDS.
POLICIES & REMINDERS
- DO NOT publish or sell this pattern in any form
- You may sell plushes made from this pattern but must credit me for the pattern (Simply tag @thewondercrochet or mention Allison from Wonder Crochet)
- My finished pillow measures around 12 inches across
1. CH 7
2. STARTING IN 2ND CH FROM THE HOOK 6 SC, 6 SC DOWN THE BACKSIDE OF THE CH (12)
3. SC, INC X6 (18)
4. (2 SC, INC)X6 (24)
5. (3 SC, INC)X6 (30)
6. INC X3, 12 SC, INC X3, 12 SC (36)
7. (SC, INC)X2, 12 SC, (SC, INC)X3, 13 SC, INC (42)
8. (2 SC, INC)X2, 12 SC, (2SC, INC)X3, 14 SC, INC (48)
9. 10 SC, (2 SC, DEC)X3, 12 SC, (2 SC, DEC)X3, 2 SC (42)
10. SC AROUND (42)
11. 10 SC, (SC, DEC)X3, 12 SC, (SC, DEC)X3, 2 SC (36)
12. (SC, INC)X3, 12 SC, (SC, INC)X3, 12 SC (42)
-DO 6 SC TO GET TO THE TOP OF THE PUMPKIN, FOLD PUMPKIN IN HALF
13. SC BOTH SIDES CLOSED (21), STUFFING AS YOU GO
14. SC AROUND IN THE FRONT AND BACK LOOPS (42)
-MOVE YOUR STITCH MARKER, THIS IS YOUR NEW STARTING POINT
15. 6 SC, (2 SC, INC)X3, 12 SC, (2 SC, INC)X3, 6 SC (48)
16. SC AROUND (48)
17. (7 SC, INC)X6 (54)
18. SC AROUND (54)
19. (7 SC, DEC)X6 (48)
20. SC AROUND (48)
21. 6 SC, (2 SC, DEC)X3, 12 SC, (2 SC, DEC)X3, 6 SC (42)
22. SC AROUND (42)
23. SC BOTH SIDES CLOSED, STUFFING AS YOU GO (21)
24. SC AROUND IN BOTH THE FRONT AND BACK LOOPS (42)
25. DEC, SC, DEC, 12 SC, (SC, DEC)X3, 13 SC, DEC, SC (36)
26. 6 SC, (SC, INC)X3, 12 SC, (SC, INC)X3, 6 SC (42)
27. SC AROUND (42)
28. 6 SC, (2 SC, INC)X3, 12 SC, (2 SC, INC)X3, 6 SC (48)
29. DEC, 2 SC, DEC, 12 SC, (2 SC, DEC)X3, 14 SC, DEC, 2 SC (42)
30. DEC, SC, DEC, 12 SC, (SC, DEC)X3, 13 SC, DEC, SC (36)
31. DEC X2, 12 SC, DEC X3, 12 SC, DEC (30)
32. (3 SC, DEC)X6 (24)
33. (2 SC, DEC)X6 (18)
34. (SC, DEC)X6 (12)
FO, LEAVE TAIL & SEW THE END OF THE PUMPKIN CLOSED
2. STARTING IN 2ND CH FROM HOOK, 5 SC, 5 SC DOWN BACKSIDE OF THE CH (10)
3-6. SC AROUND FOR 4 ROUNDS (10)
7. INC, 4 SC, INC, 4 SC (12)
FO, STUFF LIGHTLY, SEW TO TOP OF PUMPKIN
VINES (MAKE 2)
2. (SC, DEC)X5
FO, LEAVE TAIL TO ATTACH TO STEM, TIE VINES TO THE SIDES OF THE STEM
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU FINISHED YOUR PUMPKIN PILLOW!
I hope you enjoyed this pattern and found it easy to follow.
I’m so glad our crafty paths have crossed, Happy crocheting!
Check out my youtube channel for a full tutorial of this pumpkin pillow & more fun videos!