I always love to see which crochet projects you all love to make. When I design a new pattern, I have no idea if it will be well-liked or drift off into the crochet pattern abyss. Some of my most popular free crochet patterns have been anything flower or frog-related. So of course, I had to create a pattern that checks both of those boxes. Now, when it comes to crafting amigurumi, I understand that not everyone enjoys the intricacies of sewing. That’s why I always strive to keep my new patterns as “low-sew” as possible. I want to make the process enjoyable and accessible for crocheters of all skill levels, so this pattern only requires sewing to attach each eye. I hope you love creating this cute plush as much as I did. If you prefer video tutorials, or need more help attaching your petals, there is a full tutorial for this pattern at the bottom of this page!
For this pattern, I used Size 6 super bulky yarn from Premier Yarns, Parfait Chunky in Ballet Pink & Key Lime. Click here to get yarn for this project. Just a heads up, not all size 6 yarn is created equal, some are smaller or larger. If you enjoy this pattern, please give me a follow on social media and let me know what other free patterns you would love to see! Also, don’t forget to tag me in your creations on instagram. Happy crocheting 🙂
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy that I may make a commission, at no cost to you. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Tips for Success
- Keep your tension even. If your tension is too tight, your plush will be stiff and difficult to shape. If your tension is too loose, your stuffing will show through your work
- Experiment with different colors and yarns. There are many beautiful color options to choose from!
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Crochet is a learning process, and mistakes are a natural part of the process. If you make a mistake, simply unravel your work and start again.
This pattern uses the “no-sew” method to attach the petals & legs to the frog.
How to attach pieces with the “no-sew” method:
Step 1: Insert your hook through both the stitches of the separate piece as well as the next stitch on the body.
Step 2: Do a single crochet through all stitches, and continue doing as many single crochets as the pattern calls for to attach the piece.
MATERIALS & TOOLS
- Yarn: Premier Parfait Chunky (Size 6, Super Bulky) in Ballet Pink & Key Lime (pink & green) – You will need less than a skein of each color
- Crochet hook (Size 5mm)
- Poly-fil – fiberfill stuffing
- 12mm safety eyes
- A small amount of medium black yarn (for the smile)
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- INC – single crochet increase (2 SC in each stitch)
- DEC – decrease (I use the invisible decrease in all of my creations for a cleaner look)
- FO – fasten off
- Magic ring (MR) – Make a loop, leaving a long tail to work with. Insert the hook in the center of the loop, yarn over, and draw up a loop. Yarn over, and pull through to make the first chain (this does not count as a stitch). Continue to crochet over the loop and tail with the number of stitches called for. There are many excellent YouTube videos on how to make a magic circle if you are a visual learner! Always move your stitch marker to the last stitch in the round.
THIS PATTERN IS WORKED IN CONTINUOUS ROUNDS.
POLICIES & REMINDERS
- DO NOT publish or sell this pattern in any form, publishing or selling it in any form is copyright infringement
- You may sell plushes made from this pattern but must credit me for the pattern (Simply tag @thewondercrochet or mention Allison from Wonder Crochet)
- My finished plush measures around 7 inches across
FLOWER FROG PLUSH
PETALS (MAKE 6)
1. 6 SC IN A MAGIC RING (6)
2. INC X 6 (12)
3. SC AROUND (12)
4. (SC, INC)X6 (18)
5-7. SC AROUND FOR 3 ROUNDS (18)
8. (SC, DEC)X6 (12)
9. SC AROUND (12)
DO NOT STUFF, FLATTEN
FO, WEAVE IN TAIL
EYES (MAKE 2)
1. 6 SC IN A MAGIC RING (6)
2. INC X 6 (12)
3-4. SC AROUND FOR 2 ROUNDS (12)
FO, LEAVE TAIL FOR SEWING
-INSERT 12MM SAFETY EYES INTO EACH EYE BETWEEN ROUNDS 2 & 3
LEGS (MAKE 2)
1.8 SC IN A MAGIC RING (8)
2-3. SC AROUND FOR 2 ROUNDS (8)
FO, LEAVE TAIL FOR SEWING, DO NOT STUFF
1.6 SC IN A MAGIC RING (6)
2. INC X6 (12)
3. (SC, INC)X6 (18)
4. (2 SC, INC)X6 (24)
5. (3 SC, INC)X6 (30)
6. (4 SC, INC)X6 (36)
7-9. SC AROUND FOR 3 ROUNDS (36)
-NOW WE WILL ATTACH EACH PETAL TO THE BODY OF THE FROG, USING THE NO-SEW METHOD
-FLATTEN YOUR PETAL OPENING & INSERT YOUR HOOK THROUGH BOTH OF THE STITCHES ON THE PETAL AS WELL AS THROUGH THE NEXT STITCH ON THE FROG
10. ATTACH THE FIRST PETAL BY DOING 6 SINGLE CROCHETS ON BOTH THE PETAL AND FROG, REPEAT THIS TO ATTACH ALL 6 PETALS (36)
CONTINUED BELOW PHOTOS
11-14. SC AROUND FOR 4 ROUNDS
15. (ATTACH THE FIRST LEG WITH 4 SC), DEC, 4 SC, DEC, (ATTACH SECOND LEG WITH 4 SC), DEC, (4 SC, DEC)X3 (30)
16. (3 SC, DEC)X6 (24)
17. (2 SC, DEC)X6 (18)
18. (SC, DEC)X6 (12)
19. DEC TO CLOSE
FO, WEAVE IN TAIL OF YARN
-LIGHTLY STUFF EACH EYE & SEW THEM TO THE TOP OF THE FROG’S HEAD
-IF YOU ARE ADDING A SMILE, USE MEDIUM BLACK YARN AND WEAVE IT INTO THE FACE, 1 ROUND BELOW THE EYES
-YOU CAN ADD A SMALL AMOUNT OF FABRIC GLUE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SMILE TO KEEP IT IN PLACE
-USING PINK YARN, WEAVE IN AND OUT OF THE FACE TWICE TO CREATE THE CHEEKS
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU FINISHED YOUR FLOWER FROG PLUSH!
I hope you enjoyed this pattern and found it easy to follow.
I’m so glad our crafty paths have crossed, Happy crocheting!
Check out my youtube channel for a full tutorial of this flower frog & more fun videos!