I’m excited to present the Easy No-Sew Amigurumi Carrot Free Crochet Pattern, a delightful project that is easy enough for beginners and a fun and quick project for more experienced crocheters. I created this pattern as the first in my “farmers market” series, so stay tuned for more free fruit & vegetable amigurumi patterns. I plan to sell these at local markets this summer & fall.
Crocheting amigurumi doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. With this no-sew pattern, you can dive right into the fun part: creating your very own carrot friend without any sewing required. Whether you’re an experienced crocheter looking for a quick project or a crochet newbie eager to learn new techniques, this pattern will guide you step-by-step, ensuring a satisfying and stress-free crafting experience. I also have a full video tutorial of this pattern on my youtube channel for my visual learners!
For this pattern, I used Size 6 Super Bulky yarn, Premier Parfait Chunky in Orange & Green. Click here to get yarn for this project. Feel free to use any size yarn but remember that the size of your yarn will determine the final size of your crochet carrot. If you enjoy this pattern, please give me a follow on social media and let me know what other free patterns you would love to see! Also, don’t forget to tag me in your creations on instagram. Happy crocheting 🙂
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy that I may make a commission, at no cost to you. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Tips for Success
- Keep your tension even. If your tension is too tight, your carrot will be long and thin. If your tension is too loose, your stuffing will show through your carrot.
- Experiment with different colors and yarns. There are many beautiful color options to choose from (purple carrots anyone?!)
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Crochet is a learning process, and mistakes are a natural part of the process. If you make a mistake, simply unravel your work and start again.
MATERIALS & TOOLS
- Yarn: Premier Parfait Chunky (Size 6, Super Bulky) in orange (tangerine) & green (key lime) –
- Crochet hook (Size 5 mm)
- Poly-fil – fiberfill stuffing
- 12mm safety eyes
- A little bit of black medium yarn for the mouth
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- INC – single crochet increase (2 SC in each stitch)
- DEC – decrease (I use the invisible decrease in all of my creations for a cleaner look)
- FO – fasten off
- Magic ring (MR) – Make a loop, leaving a long tail to work with. Insert the hook in the center of the loop, yarn over, and draw up a loop. Yarn over, and pull through to make the first chain (this does not count as a stitch). Continue to crochet over the loop and tail with the number of stitches called for. There are many excellent YouTube videos on how to make a magic circle if you are a visual learner! Always move your stitch marker to the last stitch in the round.
THIS PATTERN IS WORKED IN CONTINUOUS ROUNDS.
POLICIES & REMINDERS
- DO NOT publish or sell this pattern in any form
- You may sell plushes made from this pattern but must credit me for the pattern (Simply tag @thewondercrochet or mention Allison from Wonder Crochet)
- My finished carrot measures around 6 inches long
1. 6 SC IN A MAGIC RING (6)
2. SC AROUND (6)
3. (SC, INC)X3 (9)
4. (2 SC, INC)X3 (12)
5. (3 SC, INC)X3 (15)
6. SC AROUND (15)
7. (4 SC, INC)X3 (18)
8. SC AROUND (18)
9. (5 SC, INC)X3 (21)
10. SC AROUND (21)
11. (6 SC, INC)X3 (24)
12. SC AROUND (24)
13. (7 SC, INC)X3 (27)
14. SC AROUND (27)
15. (8 SC, INC)X3 (30)
16-17. SC AROUND FOR 2 ROUNDS (30)
18. (8 SC, DEC)X3 (27)
19. (7 SC, DEC)X3 (24)
-PAUSE HERE AND INSERT YOUR SAFETY EYES BETWEEN ROUNDS 14 & 15, WITH 3 VISIBLE STITCHES BETWEEN
-WEAVE IN YOUR MOUTH USING BLACK MEDIUM YARN AND PULL DOWN A BIT TO CREATE A SMILE (IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS PART, MAKE SURE TO WATCH MY VIDEO TUTORIAL AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE)
-IF YOU WOULD LIKE, PUT A BIT OF FABRIC GLUE AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SMILE TO KEEP IT IN PLACE
-STUFF YOUR CARROT WITH FIBERFILL STUFFING
20. (6 SC, DEC)X3 (21)
21. (5 SC, DEC)X3 (18)
CHANGE COLOR TO GREEN
22. (SC, DEC)X6 (12)
23. DEC TO CLOSE
-CLOSE THE TOP OF YOUR CARROT
-INSERT YOUR HOOK IN THE TOP OF THE CARROT, PULL UP A LOOP OF THE GREEN YARN & TIE IT ONTO YOUR CARROT
-INSERT YOUR HOOK AGAIN AND PULL UP A LOOP OF THE GREEN
-CHAIN 16, THEN DO A SLST IN THE FIRST CHAIN YOU CREATED TO MAKE A LOOP
-REPEAT THE LAST STEP 3 MORE TIMES FOR A TOTAL OF 4 LOOPS
-INSERT YOUR HOOK BACK INTO THE TOP CENTER OF YOUR CARROT AND DO A SLST, FASTEN OFF AND WEAVE IN THE TAIL OF YARN
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU FINISHED YOUR CARROT PLUSH!
I hope you enjoyed this pattern and found it easy to follow.
I’m so glad our crafty paths have crossed, Happy crocheting!
Check out my youtube channel for fun videos and a full turorial for this crochet carrot!