I’m so excited to bring you the third flower in my crochet pillow series, the forget-me-not. I have just loved designing these flower pillows, first the daisy, then the sunflower, and now the forget-me-not. If you didn’t already know, I am a big nature-lover and plan to build a big garden with lots of beautiful flowers in my backyard. These crochet flower pillows will be the perfect accents in my future home. The forget-me-not holds a special meaning, symbolizing everlasting connections and cherished memories, making it the perfect addition to your home decor. What makes this project extra special is that it requires no sewing, making it accessible to crafters of all skill levels. With a few simple stitches and the “no sew method”, you’ll have a stunning flower pillow that will add a touch of whimsy and comfort to any room.
I hope you love creating this pillow as much as I did. Whether you’re making a handmade gift for a loved one or a unique addition to your own home decor, the No-Sew Forget-Me-Not Pillow is sure to be a fun project. If you prefer video tutorials or need more help attaching your petals, there is a full tutorial for this pattern at the bottom of this page!
If you prefer PDF patterns with no ads or just want to support me as an artist, the PDF for this pattern is available for purchase here. For this pattern, I used Size 7 Jumbo yarn from Michael’s Craft Store, Sweet Snuggles in Sky Blue & Yellow. Click here to get yarn for this project. Just a heads up, not all size 7 yarn is created equal, some are smaller or much larger. If you enjoy this pattern, please give me a follow on social media and let me know what other free patterns you would love to see! Also, don’t forget to tag me in your creations on instagram. Happy crocheting 🙂
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may make a commission, at no cost to you. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Tips for Success
- Keep your tension even. If your tension is too tight, your flower will be stiff and difficult to shape. If your tension is too loose, your flower will be floppy and lack structure.
- Experiment with different colors and yarns. There are many beautiful color options to choose from!
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Crochet is a learning process, and mistakes are a natural part of the process. If you make a mistake, simply unravel your work and start again.
This pattern uses the “no sew” method to attach the petals to the center.
How to attach petals with the “no sew” method:
Step 1: Insert your hook through both the stitches of the separate petal as well as the stitch on the center.
Step 2: Do a single crochet through all stitches, and continue doing as many single crochets as the pattern calls for to attach the petal.
MATERIALS & TOOLS
- Yarn: Sweet Snuggles (Size 7, Jumbo) in sky blue & yellow – You will need about 2 skeins of blue & 1/2 skein of yellow
- Crochet hook (Size 9mm)
- Poly-fil – fiberfill stuffing
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- INC – single crochet increase (2 SC in each stitch)
- DEC – decrease (I use the invisible decrease in all of my creations for a cleaner look)
- FO – fasten off
- Magic ring (MR) – Make a loop, leaving a long tail to work with. Insert the hook in the center of the loop, yarn over, and draw up a loop. Yarn over, and pull through to make the first chain (this does not count as a stitch). Continue to crochet over the loop and tail with the number of stitches called for. There are many excellent YouTube videos on how to make a magic circle if you are a visual learner! Always move your stitch marker to the last stitch in the round.
THIS PATTERN IS WORKED IN CONTINUOUS ROUNDS.
POLICIES & REMINDERS
- DO NOT publish or sell this pattern in any form
- You may sell plushes made from this pattern but must credit me for the pattern (Simply tag @thewondercrochet or mention Allison from Wonder Crochet)
- My finished pillow measures around 18 inches across
PETALS (MAKE 5)
1. 6 SC IN A MAGIC RING (6)
2. INC X 6 (12)
3. SC AROUND (12)
4. (SC, INC, SC)X4 (16)
5. (3 SC, INC)X4 (20)
6. (2 SC, INC, 2 SC)X4 (24)
7. (5 SC, INC)X4 (28)
8. (3 SC, INC, 3 SC)X4 (32)
9. (7 SC, INC)X4 (36)
10-11. SC AROUND FOR 2 ROUNDS (36)
12. (7 SC, DEC)X4 (32)
13. (3 SC, DEC, 3 SC)X4 (28)
14. (5 SC, DEC)X4 (24)
15. (2 SC, DEC, 2 SC)X4 (20)
16. (3 SC, DEC)X4 (16)
17. (SC, DEC, SC)X4 (12)
18. (SC, DEC)X4 (8)
FO, WEAVE IN TAIL
1. 5 SC IN A MAGIC RING (5)
2. INC X 5 (10)
3. (SC, INC)X5 (15)
4. (SC, INC, SC)X5 (20)
CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE
-NOW WE WILL ATTACH EACH PETAL TO THE CENTER OF THE FLOWER, USING THE NO SEW METHOD
-FLATTEN YOUR PETAL OPENING & INSERT YOUR HOOK THROUGH BOTH OF THE STITCHES ON THE PETAL AS WELL AS THROUGH THE NEXT STITCH ON THE CENTER
5. ATTACH THE FIRST PETAL BY DOING 4 SINGLE CROCHETS ON BOTH THE PETAL AND CENTER, REPEAT THIS TO ATTACH ALL 5 PETALS (20)
6. SC AROUND (20)
7. (2 SC, DEC)X5 (15)
8. (SC, DEC)X5 (10)
9. DEC X5 TO CLOSE
FO, WEAVE IN TAIL OF YARN
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU FINISHED YOUR FORGET-ME-NOT PILLOW!
I hope you enjoyed this pattern and found it easy to follow.
I’m so glad our crafty paths have crossed, Happy crocheting!
Check out my youtube channel for a full tutorial of this forget-me-not pillow & more fun videos!