I just loved how excited you all were for my original No-Sew Flower Pillow pattern. I knew I had to keep the series going with a new flower pillow, the sunflower. With its vibrant colors and intricate design, the sunflower is a symbol of joy and positivity. Now, you can bring that joy to your craft space or as a gift with this fun crochet pattern. What makes this project extra special is that it requires no sewing, making it accessible to crafters of all skill levels. With a few simple stitches and the “no sew method”, you’ll have a stunning flower pillow that will add a touch of whimsy and comfort to any room.
I hope you love creating this pillow as much as I did. Whether you’re making a handmade gift for a loved one or a unique addition to your own home decor, the No-Sew Sunflower Pillow is sure to be a fun project. If you prefer video tutorials, or need more help attaching your petals, there is a full tutorial for this pattern at the bottom of this page!
If you prefer PDF patterns with no ads, or just want to support me as an artist, the PDF for this pattern is available for purchase here. For this pattern, I used Size 7 Jumbo yarn from Premier Yarns, PARFAIT XL in Sunshine & Light Brown. Click here to get yarn for this project. Just a heads up, not all size 7 yarn is created equal, some are smaller or much larger. If you enjoy this pattern, please give me a follow on social media and let me know what other free patterns you would love to see! Also, don’t forget to tag me in your creations on instagram. Happy crocheting 🙂
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy that I may make a commission, at no cost to you. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Tips for Success
- Keep your tension even. If your tension is too tight, your flower will be stiff and difficult to shape. If your tension is too loose, your flower will be floppy and lack structure.
- Experiment with different colors and yarns. There are many beautiful color options to choose from!
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Crochet is a learning process, and mistakes are a natural part of the process. If you make a mistake, simply unravel your work and start again.
This pattern uses the “no sew” method to attach the petals to the center.
How to attach petals with the “no sew” method:
Step 1: Insert your hook through both the stitches of the separate petal as well as the stitch on the center.
Step 2: Do a single crochet through all stitches, continue doing as many single crochets as the pattern calls for to attach the petal.
MATERIALS & TOOLS
- Yarn: PARFAIT XL (Size 7, Jumbo) in Sunshine & Light Brown – You will need about 210 yards of yellow & 105 yards of brown yarn
- Crochet hook (Size 9mm)
- Poly-fil – fiberfill stuffing
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- INC – single crochet increase (2 SC in each stitch)
- DEC – decrease (I use the invisible decrease in all of my creations for a cleaner look)
- FO – fasten off
- Magic ring (MR) – Make a loop, leaving a long tail to work with. Insert the hook in the center of the loop, yarn over, and draw up a loop. Yarn over, and pull through to make the first chain (this does not count as a stitch). Continue to crochet over the loop and tail with the number of stitches called for. There are many excellent YouTube videos on how to make a magic circle if you are a visual learner! Always move your stitch marker to the last stitch in the round.
THIS PATTERN IS WORKED IN CONTINUOUS ROUNDS.
POLICIES & REMINDERS
- DO NOT publish or sell this pattern in any form
- You may sell plushes made from this pattern but must credit me for the pattern (Simply tag @thewondercrochet or mention Allison from Wonder Crochet)
- My finished pillow measures around 19 inches across
PETALS (MAKE 10)
1. 6 SC IN A MAGIC RING (6)
2. INC X 6 (12)
3. SC AROUND (12)
4. (2 SC, INC)X4 (16)
5. (3 SC, INC)X4 (20)
6. (4 SC, INC)X4 (24)
7-9. SC AROUND FOR 3 ROUNDS (24)
10. (2 SC, DEC)X6 (18)
11. (SC, DEC)X6 (12)
12. SC AROUND (12)
FO, WEAVE IN TAIL
1. 6 SC IN A MAGIC RING (6)
2. INC X 6 (12)
3. (SC, INC)X6 (18)
4. (SC, INC, SC)X6 (24)
5. (3 SC, INC)X6 (30)
6. (2 SC, INC, 2 SC)X6 (36)
7. (5 SC, INC)X6 (42)
8. (3 SC, INC, 3 SC)X6 (48)
9. (7 SC, INC)X6 (54)
10. (4 SC, INC, 4 SC)X6 (60)
11. SC AROUND (60)
-NOW WE WILL ATTACH EACH PETAL TO THE CENTER OF THE FLOWER, USING THE NO SEW METHOD
-FLATTEN YOUR PETAL OPENING & INSERT YOUR HOOK THROUGH BOTH OF THE STITCHES ON THE PETAL AS WELL AS THROUGH THE NEXT STITCH ON THE CENTER
12. ATTACH THE FIRST PETAL BY DOING 6 SINGLE CROCHETS ON BOTH THE PETAL AND CENTER, REPEAT THIS TO ATTACH ALL 10 PETALS (60)
13. SC AROUND (60)
14. (8 SC, DEC)X6 (54)
15. (7 SC, DEC)X6 (48)
16. (4 SC, DEC)X8 (40)
17. (3 SC, DEC)X8 (32)
18. (2 SC, DEC)X8 (24)
19. (SC, DEC)X8 (16)
20. DEC X8 TO CLOSE
FO, WEAVE IN TAIL OF YARN
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU FINISHED YOUR SUNFLOWER PILLOW!
I hope you enjoyed this pattern and found it easy to follow.
I’m so glad our crafty paths have crossed, Happy crocheting!
Check out my youtube channel for a full tutorial of this sunflower pillow & more fun videos!