Hey there, fellow autumn enthusiasts! 🍂 Can you feel it? That unmistakable chill in the air, the leaves doing their colorful dance, and the scent of pumpkin-spiced everything? Fall is here, and it’s time to revel in all its cozy glory.
Now, if you’re anything like me, you’re probably on a mission to consume as much pumpkin goodness as humanly possible. And let’s be honest, nothing screams “fall” quite like a slice of pumpkin roll. That soft, spicy cake wrapped around a creamy cream cheese frosting? Delicious!
But here’s the twist – this year, we’re taking our love for all things pumpkin to a whole new level. By whipping up our very own crochet pumpkin roll plushie! Yep, that’s right. We’re combining the best of two worlds: the joy of fall treats and the cuteness of amigurumi.
Imagine this: you’re cozied up on your favorite spot, maybe with a cup of hot apple cider, a real slice of pumpkin roll in hand, and a crochet hook in the other. It’s time to make your own adorable crochet pumpkin roll plush. It’s the ultimate cozy crochet project that captures the essence of fall in the most huggable way possible.
In this blog, we’re going to dive headfirst into the cozy vibes of autumn and guide you through the step-by-step process of crocheting your very own amigurumi pumpkin roll plush. Whether you’re a crochet pro or just starting out, get ready to infuse some autumnal charm into your space and have a blast while doing it. So, grab your pumpkin spice latte, get comfy, and let’s create this cute pumpkin roll plush together! 🎃✨
If you prefer PDF patterns with no ads or just want to support me as an artist, the PDF for this pattern is available for purchase here. For this pattern, I used Size 6 super bulky yarn from Hobbii, Honey Bunny. Click here to get yarn for this project. Just a heads up, not all size 6 yarn is created equal, some are smaller or larger. If you enjoy this pattern, please give me a follow on social media and let me know what other free patterns you would love to see! Also, don’t forget to tag me in your creations on instagram. Happy crocheting 🙂
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy that I may make a commission, at no cost to you. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Tips for Success
- Keep your tension even. If your tension is too tight, your plush will be stiff and difficult to shape. If your tension is too loose, your stuffing will show through your work
- Experiment with different colors and yarns. There are many beautiful color options to choose from!
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Crochet is a learning process, and mistakes are a natural part of the process. If you make a mistake, simply unravel your work and start again.
MATERIALS & TOOLS
- Yarn: Hobbii Honey Bunny (Size 6, Super Bulky) in Gold Dust (main color), White, Orange (Pumpkin) & just a small amount of Pink (Hint of Pink) & Brown (Caramel) – You will need less than a skein of each color
- Crochet hook (Size 5mm)
- Poly-fil – fiberfill stuffing
- 12mm safety eyes
- A small amount of medium black yarn (for the smile)
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- INC – single crochet increase (2 SC in each stitch)
- DEC – decrease (I use the invisible decrease in all of my creations for a cleaner look)
- FO – fasten off
- Magic ring (MR) – Make a loop, leaving a long tail to work with. Insert the hook in the center of the loop, yarn over, and draw up a loop. Yarn over, and pull through to make the first chain (this does not count as a stitch). Continue to crochet over the loop and tail with the number of stitches called for. There are many excellent YouTube videos on how to make a magic circle if you are a visual learner! Always move your stitch marker to the last stitch in the round.
THIS PATTERN IS WORKED IN CONTINUOUS ROUNDS.
POLICIES & REMINDERS
- DO NOT publish or sell this pattern in any form, publishing or selling it in any form is copyright infringement
- You may sell plushes made from this pattern but must credit me for the pattern (Simply tag @thewondercrochet or mention Allison from Wonder Crochet)
- My finished plush measures around 7 inches across
FOR THIS PATTERN YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW HOW TO COLOR CHANGE
HOW TO COLOR CHANGE:
STEP 1: INSERT YOUR HOOK INTO THE STITCH BEFORE THE COLOR CHANGE.
STEP 2: PULL UP A LOOP & PULL THROUGH IN THE ORIGINAL COLOR.
STEP 3: DROP THE ORIGINAL COLOR & PULL UP A LOOP WITH THE NEW COLOR.
STEP 4: WORK IN THE NEXT STITCH IN THE NEW COLOR.
PUMPKIN ROLL PLUSH
PUMPKIN ROLL (MAKE 2 OF STEPS 1-8)
START IN WHITE
- 6 SC IN A MAGIC RING (6)
CHANGE COLOR TO GOLD
- INC X5, CHANGE COLOR TO WHITE, INC (12)
- IN BLO (SC, INC)X5, CHANGE COLOR TO GOLD, IN BOTH LOOPS SC, IN BACK LOOP INC (18)
- IN BLO (2 SC, INC)X5, IN BOTH LOOPS CHANGE COLOR TO WHITE, IN BOTH LOOPS SC, IN BACK LOOP SC, INC (24)
- IN BLO (3 SC, INC)X5, CHANGE COLOR TO GOLD, IN BOTH LOOPS 3 SC, IN BACK LOOP INC (30)
- IN BLO (4 SC, INC)X5, CHANGE COLOR TO WHITE, IN BOTH LOOPS SC, IN BACK LOOPS 3 SC, INC (36)
- IN BLO (5 SC, INC)X5, CHANGE COLOR TO GOLD, IN BOTH LOOPS SC, IN BACK LOOPS 4 SC, INC (42)
- IN BLO (6 SC, INC)X6 (48)
-FASTEN OFF WITH ONE PUMPKIN ROLL END AND LEAVE A TAIL FOR SEWING. KEEP GOING WITH YOUR SECOND PUMPKIN ROLL END
9. SC AROUND IN BLO (48)
10-24. SC AROUND FOR 15 ROUNDS (48)
FO, WEAVE IN TAIL
-INSERT SAFETY EYES BETWEEN ROUNDS 14 & 15 AND 19 & 20
-IF YOU ARE ADDING A SMILE, USE MEDIUM BLACK YARN AND WEAVE IT INTO THE FACE, 1 ROUND BELOW THE EYES (YOU CAN ADD A SMALL AMOUNT OF FABRIC GLUE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SMILE TO KEEP IT IN PLACE)
-USING PINK YARN, WEAVE IN AND OUT OF THE FACE THREE TIMES TO CREATE THE CHEEKS (BETWEEN ROUNDS 12 & 13 AND 21 & 22)
-SEW THE FIRST PUMPKIN ROLL END TO THE ROLL TO CLOSE IT UP, STUFFING AS YOU GO
1. 6 SC IN A MAGIC RING (6)
2. INC X6 (12)
3. (SC, INC)X6 (18)
4-6. SC AROUND FOR 3 ROUNDS (18)
7. (SC, DEC)X6 (12)
8. DEC X6 TO CLOSE
FO, LEAVE LONG TAIL
-USING A SEWING NEEDLE, WEAVE THE TAIL OF YARN THROUGH THE BOTTOM MIDDLE OF THE PUMPKIN AND PULL THE YARN TO THE TOP MIDDLE OF THE PUMPKIN. REPEAT THIS PROCESS 4-6 TIMES TO CREATE THE CREASES IN THE PUMPKIN
-TIE A KNOT WITH THE REMAINING YARN AND WEAVE THE REST INTO YOUR WORK
-INSERT YOUR HOOK INTO THE TOP OF THE PUMPKIN & PULL UP A LOOP OF BROWN YARN
-CH 3 & FO
-NOW TIE A KNOT WITH THE TWO TAILS OF YARN YOU HAVE AND WEAVE THOSE TAILS INTO YOUR WORK
-SEW THE PUMPKIN TO THE TOP OF YOUR PUMPKIN ROLL
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU FINISHED YOUR PUMPKIN ROLL PLUSH!
I hope you enjoyed this pattern and found it easy to follow.
I’m so glad our crafty paths have crossed, Happy crocheting!
Check out my YouTube channel for full tutorials & more fun videos!